Thursday, September 20, 2007

Two Weeks Notice

I put my two weeks in at my job...two weeks ago! My job ends on Friday and before today I really hadn't found a job. I was getting super stressed and just annoyed. I am sort of sick of sitting in an office all day and not doing much. I want something a bit more fun but with also a secure income. How the heck was I going to find that. I have been working with a few employment agencies who promise me jobs but end up with nothing.

I was told I was going to get a job at an animal hospital as a receptionist. I thought, "How fun! I love animals, it really can't be all that bad." Well I left work earlier than I planned so I would get there on time and decided to take the toll road since that is much faster and alot less traffic...I wanted to make a good impression by getting to my interview early. I was told by a girl at work that they accept credit cards at the toll booth and I didn't think twice to question it because I have seen that around and she lives near by. Well of course when I come up on the toll booth they don't accept cards and I am told to give them my drivers license and pull off to the side. I was waiting there for a good 5 minutes until they came and got my information and gave me a dumb receipt for $3.50 that I have to pay in 10 days or it goes up $25!!! I was glad I had left early. The road was totally clear for a good 15 miles. Then all of a sudden right before my exit...another dumb toll booth! It said full service so I figured they took cards but I was wrong. This time instead of telling me to pull over to the side they held up a ton of cars who were all pissed off at me and honking just to write me up a receipt for 75 cents!!! Ok so I'm off the toll Rd...thank God! I'm finally in the area and am looking for the street I was supposed to turn at...I go up and down the street a few times and nothing...I didn't see the street at all. It was only a few minutes until my interview so I called the lady...(thinking she'd understand! Come on I've only been in this state a few months) she gave me directions to the place and it so happens that my directions I printed online weren't exactly correct so I was headed in the totally wrong direction. When I got there I was about 10 minutes late and not too happy. Neither was she. The interview went well but then she asked if I am tardy at work and how my attendance is at my current job. I said its good. But then she said what would my current employer say about my tardiness. Well I just got written up about it (didn't tell her that) so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too good. Oh well...it was way too far anyway!

I left feeling that it didn't go to well...plus as I was leaving I saw a lady pull up crying and pulling a dead pet out of her trunk! I don't think I could have dealt with that anyway. I was so stressed when I left. I didn't want to work there but where would I work!?!?!

As soon as I got back to work I went on Craigslist.com...I have been on the site almost everyday looking for new posts for jobs. The first one I saw was: "If you're looking for a fun place to work with almost no stress, this is it. Answer phones, schedule appointments, call insurances, and help out with some physical therapy modalities. This really is an easy job and laid back environment, and you must be able to laugh. This is not you're typical doctor's office." (by the way the job was for a Chiropractic Assistant/ Front Desk) That sounded too good to be true but I sent my resume anyway. About 5 minutes later I get a call asking me to come in for an appointment! And on top of that it is right down the street from where I currently work and that would be perfect since Patrick and I only have one car!

Fast forward one day... I show up not knowing what to expect. The doctor was at the front desk and welcomed me in and off the bat was just super nice. He interviewed me and made sure I can handle the fun environment and he said they joke around alot and not to take things personally or get offended easily by things him or his patents may say. I am totally fine with that! He said I would not be paid hourly but be paid Salary and I would be paid for 40 hours a week even though we only work 32 hours a week. HOW AWESOME IS THAT! He said he goes on vacation alot and when he is on vacation I am on vacation and I am paid for all that time as well! He said he will pay for my Starbucks in the morning and breakfast. We talked for awhile longer just about everything I would be doing and I loved everything I heard. He told me that I was the first one he had interviewed. He said he had a few more interviews today and tomorrow but he is confident that I will be hired!!! YAY! I really hope no one nicer comes along and he still likes me. I think this job would be great!!! I really cant wait to hear back...Its like an answer to my prayers!

CROSS YO FINGAS!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).