Monday, January 7, 2008

2008 So Far...

It’s a week into the New Year and I am so far been doing pretty good about my new years resolutions…

As for my diet: I was doing so good Tuesday to Friday, eating 1000 to 1500 calories a day, and good things for you too. Saturday I slipped a little and got back on track on Sunday. I was so excited to weigh myself this morning and see how my hard work has paid off! I get up go to the bathroom, relieve myself (don’t want that extra water weight) and weigh myself and what does it say? ONLY 1 POUND LIGHTER. I swear I though it was going to be 4 or 5 but no just 1. Instead of being discouraged like I would usually get I’ve just gotten more determined to loose this dumb weight I have put on! So I am going to try harder and exercise more and we will see where I am a week from now!

As for the money diet: We have been doing ok. I made a huge and very hard decision the other day. Instead of the wedding I was planning on having, Patrick and I have decided to go to the court and get married and have a small reception type thing after. I figure it wasn’t worth spending thousands of dollars on something so small that only about 50 people would be attending, if that. So we are opting out and deciding on saving the money and doing something small and then a nice honeymoon, (planning on a cruise to the Caribbean). Its hard knowing you won’t have what you have dreamed of your whole life, but my parents weren’t going to help out and we can always renew our vows later and have a nice ceremony then. It will be better this way, or I just need to keep telling myself that.

Other than all that, things have been going pretty well. We are looking for a new place when out lease ends in March. We are looking for a nice townhouse with a yard to rent with a roommate. I’m sick of living in an apartment and having to worry about how loud you are and make sure your not walking too hard so your neighbors below don’t get mad. So I just hope it works out and we get a nice place. Wish us luck!

Again… HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments: